Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Being a mom = no joke

Just stopping through to let everyone know that I'm still alive and well, lol. This past week has been one of transition since my mom left on Sunday. MAN, that was the hardest thing to do...to watch the one person who helped me the most during this trying time walk away from me...and so quickly; we got to the airport without time for proper goodbyes. I never knew it would be so difficult for me to be here this week without her. Don't get me wrong, Andre has been around, but there is nothing like a mother's love. While here, her only concern was making sure I was taken care of and making sure I was okay so that I could focus on the baby. I always had someone to talk to and help me if needed. I miss her so...I've cried quite a few times since she left...including now, so let me stop!

Baby Dre is doing well. He gained 11 oz in one week! Yay for mama's boobies working! =] He's got baby acne, but apparently this is common in breastfed babies since he is getting my hormones. Tough to see his skin not be, "perfect."
Here's some quick pics. Gotta go. He's waking up...







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats lil' cuz or welcome 2 adult hood. I c our side of the family, but wait the lil guy gets bigger.Its your cuzin Jamal& aunt Sandie, call me cuz 410-510-7070 &443-823-6075,aunt sandie's 706-504-1191. My E-mail is lamaj0373@yahoo.com what a way 2 bring in da newyears. I also need your dads info