Friday, November 7, 2008

37 week appointment

So, I had my 37 week appointment yesterday. Everything was great. Baby Dre was kicking around during and after my MW (midwife) listened to his heartbeat with the doppler. I think he got kinda ticked when she was trying to figure out if he is still head down and what body parts were where. He's so cute!

She checked to see if I was dilated at all. I have to say this was pretty incomfortable and I am so not looking forward to having them do this frequently during labor. My response after she was done? "Well. That was different." She thought this was hilarious. She said most of her patients say that it hurts or that it's horrible. She said she'd be laughing for the rest of the day about it. Glad I could bring some joy to someone's life!!

As far as dilation, I am still closed. At first I was disappointed, but now I'm okay with it. It doesn't matter if I'm dilated or not. I could go into labor any time now. I'm just hoping that this little guy takes his time. I NEED for my parents to be here, and if he can hold out til the 22nd when my mama gets here, that would be awesome! Plus, I am enjoying my time off without having to worry about the stressors of my job.

Not much else to report. If you're in for a good laugh, check out this video. I usually don't like to laugh at other people's expense but she posted it. I recommend fast forwarding to 2 minutes so that you can skip over her singing. This is one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

youre so cuuuute :)
<3/Brooke