Friday, November 21, 2008

39 Week Appointment and I'm drivin with a car seat!


I had my 39 week appointment yesterday, and I am still only a fingertip dilated. Lovely. I was hoping there would be more progress, but no such luck! It's a bit frustrating, but I guess nature will take its course eventually. We do have a plan, though. If Little Mr. Dre is not here by Monday, I will have an appointment with another MW on Tuesday and then if nothing happens the rest of the week, they will induce me on the 30th. I am really hoping that I do not have to be induced. I've heard that the increased chance of a c-section occurs with inductions due to the baby going into fetal distress. Hopefully, everything will work out the way it should!

I have been having some contractions today, but nothing major. They are definitely low now and not higher like most of the others I have had. I can feel the tightening and the crampiness during them and sometimes I can feel them in my lower back as well. I am praying that I don't have back labor (which means the little guy is sunny side up!). But I guess if I am, it's only karma since I gave my mom back labor, lol.

I went to one of the county's fire stations today to get the car seat installed. Andre, bless his heart, tried to put it together. Too bad he used ALL 3 BELTS!! I knew something didn't look right. I know if we had pulled up to the hospital like this the nurses probably would have laughed at us hysterically. The guy wanted to take a picture of it.

I was riding back home with the car seat installed and it occurred to me that there will be a little person in their soon. I am still in shock and awe that I am going to be a mom. I have a feeling that I won't be able to stop staring at his little face. I also have a feeling that I'm going to be very protective and jealous (well, maybe jealous is not the word), but I know I'm not going to want to hand him over to anyone right away. I mean, as of Monday, I will have been carrying him for 10 months (yes, they lie to you...it is NOT 9 months!!). I will want to hold him and bond with him before anyone else. I also want to be able to breastfeed him within the first hour after delivery and I don't want to have to cover him up to do so for the first feeding. This is why I am hoping that friends and family that come in after he is born understand if I ask them to please wait until 45 minutes to an hour after he is born before coming in to see us. I really want that time for the 3 of us (me, Andre, and the baby) to bond before I have to pass him around. And please, if you're sick, do NOT come in the room, lol. I don't want him having to fight off any germs from jump street. That's what we have daycare for people!

No comments: