Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wow, Dr. Phil & 38 Week Appointment

Since a couple of week's ago, I have been watching Dr. Phil's, "Get Real Retreat." It comes on every Thursday. I just sat here and BAWLED because this guy was telling his traumatic story of being raped, not once, but TWICE, in his life by a man. I struggle to understand how people do these types of things to others. This man has lived his entire life since he was 9 years old. He described it as he, "died," that day. This makes me want to just hold my baby so close and never let him go. I don't want to be an overprotective, overbearing, helicopter parent (term used from college classes, lol...helicopter=hovering), but I want to protect him from the evil this world can bring!

In other news, I had my 38 week appointment today. It went very well. His heartbeat is just as strong as ever. I asked my MW how big she thought he might be. She said 7lbs! I was like oh no! I was only 6lbs, 4oz when I was born and Andre was only 6lbs, 9 oz. She said she could be overestimating a little since I am so petite. I am hoping this little guy stays under 8lbs! Thank goodness they don't gain a pound a week. Otherwise, I might be having a 9lb baby.

SPEAKING OF HUGE BABIES: On my birth board, there was a woman who gave birth to a 14lb baby! She (the mom) had Gestational Diabetes so sometimes moms with this can have larger than normal babies. The largest I'd ever heard was 12.5lbs from the leader of my book club, but to see this 14lb baby was insane! She looked so uncomfortable! I hope everything is going well with her.

Ok, off to find something to do!

No comments: