Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More Prepping...and a TROLL!

Yesterday was a really busy day. I've been in this nesting phase for the past couple of weeks and yesterday was the crux of it all. Andre and I went to 2 Babies R Us' and BOY was that work.

Because I'm on maternity leave, I end of having a lot of time on my hand. So much that I calculated to the dollar and cent how much our Pack and Play was going to cost. (Andre thought this was hilarious as he counted out the money I gave him from the baby showers). It was originally $130-something (tax included) and with the gift cards and coupons, it went down to $62.13! Mama is a bargain shopper! (I think I get that from my mom!)

We also got the changing table pad and cover and a blanket for the co-sleeper and Pack and Play. We also took maternity photos at one of the Babies R Us stores. Andre wanted the ET finger and I wanted the heart. The picture was a free 8x10. We ended up going with the finger pose because I did not like the way that my pinky finger looked in the heart photo. *(Thanks mom and dad for taking me to the hospital in 7th grade when I fell on my finger. Yes, I think I broke it and unfortunately the ghetto splint of band-aids and a popsicle stick didn't do me too much justice. My finger is now at a permanent angle lol. It's ok, I forgive yall!)* Anyway, the lady made a montage of the our two favorite photos and we can order them should we ever want more.

While driving back from the stores I was having the worse false labor pains ever. They weren't as painful as they were uncomfortable. Apparently the baby didn't like them either. He was getting down in there. I know he was like, "Look lady, you need to stop overexerting yourself so I can stop being squeezed!"

We got back last night after our baby run and set up the changing table. We were given the changing table by a coworker. It was such a blessing. I fits in perfectly next to my dresser and I am so excited. Then Andre moved some of my furniture over so we could fit the co-sleeper next to my bed. We got it popped up, but were looking stuck on stupid trying to figure out why the side wouldn't let down. We were WAY too tired so he went home and I just laid in bed. It was so cute waking up with the bassinet next to my bed. 13 more days until I'm due. I can't wait to meet him!

In other news, my best friend from home is moving to NH. I was really bummed when she told me tonight. It's all because her troll of a roommate. Not getting into details, but suffice it to say that there are some really screwed up and selfish people in this world who need to get their priorities together. I am happy that she will be able to be a little more stress free and be able to continue doing the things she has wanted to since graduating. She was the only person I really hung out with when I would go home because, well, you know how the whole friends from high school thing goes. You lose touch and move on.

Anywho, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow I plan on cleaning out my car and baking 2 pot pies so my mom won't have to do so much cooking when she is here. Then, I get to put all the stuff in the changing table. How fun! It's getting so much more real guys!

Here are the 2 photos we took last night. They might be small, but you get the "picture!"

P.S. The wording on the photo is, "Every day a step closer to holding you."



No comments: